I am writing on the 13th day since war broke out in Ukraine. Many refugees from the war are coming to Germany, and we want to help them! Everyone is doing what they can, myself included. I am a qualified, experienced translator and interpreter – I am in a good position to help with what I do best. That means working with languages and translation.
We would be pleased to translate for people coming from Ukraine who need their documents translating from Ukrainian into German.
If you do need this type of translation, please note:
- We are mainly translating documents from Ukrainian into German at the moment
- Please use our electronic order form on the special portal we have for document translations, silabot.de. This portal is available in four languages, so you can choose the one that suits you best
- Please note that our usual turnaround time is at least 5 to 10 days. However, since demand is high at present, translations might take longer
- Do email us if you have questions, want to send documents, or for anything else. Do not phone us! Please only use WhatsApp for urgent or extreme cases. This will help make best use of both our time and yours: contact us by email
If you want to order a document translation from us, please send:
- Your original documents, or certified copies thereof
- A photo-ID of the document owner (for Cyrillic and Latin spelling of your name)
- Your contact details in Germany (name, address, mobile number and email)
Please do not bring your documents to the office in person. Instead place them in an envelope and post them in our mailbox. If you are not nearby, send important documents via Deutsche Post, we recommend using registered mail. You must keep the proof of posting until we have confirmed receipt of your documents to you in writing.
If at all possible, please do not call us while we are working on your order. We will contact you if we need to. We will write to you in the first instance – we very rarely call. This is because our main means of communication is writing emails.
We can offer refugees from war a 15% discount on all translations from Ukrainian into German; we will ask for proof.
For the authorities
If you work for the authorities and require translations from and/or into Ukrainian, please get in touch. We would be pleased to work for you – please always enquire by email. You will need to:
- Send us your original (source) text, as a Word file if possible
- State what you need the translation for, e.g. publication online or in print, a handout or flyer, a brochure, for work purposes
- State your desired delivery date
Our General Terms for translation services (2021) apply to all translation orders. We would be happy to send these to you. We apply the Federal Law on Payments JVEG to calculate our fees, with except for urgent orders and texts with particularly challenging terminology.
Thank you for your interest. Please email us, we look forward to hearing from you.